Chris and Pat spread Christmas cheer…
The NHS is there for us all when we need it most, even on Christmas day! Watch Widnes Vikings stars Chris Dean and Pat Ah Van make a surprise seasonal visit to staff and patients in Warrington Hospital during the festive period.
Chris Dean says: “It was really inspiring to see the brilliant work of the NHS teams. It was great to meet all the patients and to have the opportunity to help put smiles on their faces. It was obvious how hard the hospital staff worked and how important their work was, that’s why we hope people back the Beat The Scrum campaign.”
Winter is the busiest time of year for the NHS, so make sure you’re making the right choices!
- Only visit A&E if it’s a serious or life-threatening emergency.
- Visit a Walk-In Centre or Urgent Care if you need treatment quickly and can’t care for it yourself.
- If you can’t treat it yourself, but it’s not urgent, book to see your local GP.
- If you can treat it yourself, visit your local pharmacy.
- Finally, if you’re not sure of your best option, dial 111!